Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Steele's?....BBQ?.....mountains?....Dad?!!!! WHAT THE?!!



I know....did Jake just say Dad, bbq, and mountains in the same sentence. This is no joke. Who would joke about something like this. Last time this happened we were all youngins and we were wearing cut off shorts that would be considered a thong these days. I don't know how she did it, but Patty somehow managed to place father in a vehicle and transport him to a mountaineous region where there were leafy tall swaying plants called trees and a flaming hot substance called fire. We partook of delicious foods called hot dogs and hamburgers, we think they are German. At one point we placed a half melted puffy sugar pillow called a marsh mellow in between two cracker like shells with a chunk of cubed brown solid sugar called chocolate. It was amazingly tasty and it made us all say, 'mmm, can I have smore'? Later someone told us that was the name of this goody, a smore. It makes perfect sense. Thank you nature, thank you for letting us once again enjoy a hearty game of horse shoes with the old man.

4 comments:

Elegante Family said...

Wow you are still alive! I was wondering if you guys were ever going to post anything again, I check daily! I hope you guys are doing well, when are we going to get together again??? Now that summer is winding down we might have a little bit of free time. We still want to come and see your new place. We miss you tons!!!

meagan said...

Cool pics. Pics, what a fun word. And I wish I was there, it looked like you guys had a fun time. Oh, and I'm glad it only took you two months to post. What, are you busy or something trying to run a business, finishing a basement, and raising a little Baxter? Oh, I guess you are. Sorry to be so rude.

Nells-Bells said...

Awesome. I would love smore of that tasty cracker/puffed sugary treat. SO glad you finally decided to post something! Hooray.

Ezra said...

Horseshoes are awesome.